Friday, January 18, 2013

Warm fig & raspberry salad


It's a miserable, grey, rainy day here in Clara but my mood is light and full of cheer! I weighed myself for the first time in 11 days and am pleased to announce that after only four non consecutive fast days I am 6lbs lighter! I find this method of weight loss fascinating and have heard the BBC are going to replay the Horizon special on it in the next few weeks which will be a very interesting watch. Yesterday was fast day so today I was really looking forward to making a tasty lunch. Figs are one of my favourite things and this is such an easy throw together meal, think it would make a fabulous starter for a dinner party.

You will need for each serving

  • 2 ripe figs
  • 50g goats cheese
  • 50g serrano ham
  • selection of lettuce leaves
  • Mr Pettersen's raspberry extra dressing / dressing of your choice
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
Line two cups of a muffin tin with your serrano ham.
Cut the top of your figs into a cross shape and stuff with goats cheese.
Place figs into the serrano ham cups and bake in oven until cheese has melted and ham is crispy.
Remove from tin, place on a bed of lettuce and drizzle with raspberry dressing.
So delicious!



4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds so lovely and tasty!! Can't believe you lost 6lb already! well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either Peggy! Seems too easy to be true!

      Delete
  2. My husband is thinking about that eating plan for us as well, Paula. We must watch that programe. I don't need it you understand as I am already perfect ;-) , I'll just be supporting him. In the meantime I'll just make this recipe anyway because it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious :)

    Now following your blog.

    Louise x

    Lou Easy Peasy Recipes

    ReplyDelete