Sunday, November 4, 2012

A trip to the bog and a bundt.....



Sometimes having three children is a little overwhelming. Even when my husband is here we are still outnumbered! November is always my loneliest month as my husband is an accountant and the tax deadline looms into the not too distant future. Today for him is a working Sunday but we will still try and squeeze in a family roast this evening before I head off to work. We are like ships in the nights these days, some would probably say it is the secret to a happy marriage.......;-) There was a long full day stretching ahead of the children and I today so I thought a spot of baking and a quick jaunt around our local bog would keep them amused. Clara bog is such a gorgeous, peaceful place and one of my favourite places in the world. There is a wooden boardwalk covering a full loop and its such a great place for a stroll or a run. Don't let the picture above fool you, I had to bribe them all to hold hands. The 9 year old is too cool for that crack, the 4 year old is too independent to hold anyone's hand and the two year old is just a little madam!


This is them at their happiest, free to run and no sibling's hands to be held just the open road!
I popped this bundt cake into the oven just before we left and on our return we were greeted with the gorgeous aroma. A pot of tea was made and slices of cake dealed out to help restore their energy after their run!
I love coming across new blogs to read when googling for recipes and this is where I found this one...
It made for a really tasty and moist cake. I made a maple icing to drizzle on top which was simply made up with 50g icing sugar, a drizzle of maple syrup and enough water to loosen it, very nice!

So now the chicken is the oven, the potatoes are waiting to be mashed and carrots to be steamed. Only thing missing is Mr Ryan, Sundays arent the same without him. xx

4 comments:

  1. Shure you will have him back after the 15th, and I might have my own life back after I get my stuff to my own accountant by then as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Paula that post brought a tear to my eye !! So sweet x

    ReplyDelete