Monday, October 8, 2012

Posh eggs!

I hate the word diet. It reminds me of the years I spent worrying about every morsel of food that passed my lips. Teenage years spent wondering whether the group of boys that I had just passed were laughing at my enormous legs or my chubby cheeks. Being a teenager is not much fun and I cringe when I think back on the time I wasted on silly worries. Give or take a few pounds I am the same weight now as I was back then, which after having three children is not bad going. Around this time of year is when I normally slip into bad habits, wine & nibbles go hand in hand with a roaring fire and stews scream out for heaps of creamy mashed potatoes! I have a few events over the next few months to help keep me on the straight and narrow and for the next few weeks will be keeping an eye on my intake. Not a diet just a cutback on the amount I normally eat. Nigella made something very similar to this recently and I can't get enough of them. Eggs are fantastic for filling you up and are packed full of vitamins and protein. This is a super dish to whip up at lunchtime and is made in minutes.
This recipe serves one hungry adult.

1 tin of tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes in rich tomato sauce)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried chilli
2 eggs
Small bunch of parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper
Drizzle of oil

Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic.

Add the tin of tomatoes and the chilli and heat through.

Using the back of a spoon make two hollows and crack an egg into each one.

Place a lid onto your pan and leave until the white of the egg is cooked through and the yolk is still runny.

Sprinkle with some chopped parsley, season and serve immediately.

Really quick, delicious and good for you!

1 comment:

  1. are you allowed say what brand of tinned tomatoes you use?
    am guessing serve with some brown bread toast that you could feed two?

    btw, those teenage boys were doing a nervous laugh as they knew you were well out of their league!! :)

    BJ_dub (from the twitter)

    ReplyDelete