Sunday, August 19, 2012

Smoked trout, lemon & pea tagliatelle!

In a rare occurrence I am home alone today. I was really looking forward to having the place to myself, bringing the dog for a walk, making a nice lunch and putting my feet up. As I stood at the door waving goodbye at four of my favourite people in the world I felt a little pang and even more so when my little princess started blowing kisses at me! Talk about tugging at my heart strings. It's made me realise how lucky I am to have the opportunity to spend my days raising these little people, nothing can compare to sticky hands wrapped around my neck!

Well enough waffling on and onto my lunch! I wanted something quick & easy with not much cleaning up after and this is it! Excuse the vagueness of quantities but it's a throw together recipe!

You will need;

100g goatsbridge smoked trout, in strips
1/2 cup of creme fraiche
1 lemon, zest & juice
1 chilli, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
Handful of frozen peas
Olive oil
Tagliatelle

Put the tagliatelle on to cook.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the chilli and garlic. Fry gently.
Add the creme fraiche and stir well.
Add in the lemon zest and frozen peas.
Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the water. Add pasta with the reserved water to the creme fraiche mixture.
Take off the heat and stir in the smoked trout and the lemon juice.
Voila, lunch is served in less than ten minutes! That's my type of fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment