Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gooey Chocolate Fudge Cake

When I joined up with twitter I favourited every nice recipe that I came across.  If I was to make everything that I liked the look of I would be baking everyday for the rest of my life and I probably still would not get through them all! One of the early recipes I came across was a chocolate fudge cake that was posted by @enormous that seemed very straightforward.  My husband, a man of simple tastes, ahem, adores chocolate fudge cake.  His favourite restaurant is Jamies in Tullamore where he always has the same meal, vegetable soup, sweet chilli chicken and chocolate fudge cake.  I spend hours in kitchen making cakes and he rarely tries them as apparently he is just not that excited by food! I guess the saying 'opposites attract' is more than true! So I thought I would try and tempt him with this recipe and see would it match up to Jamies cake!

Ingredients

  • 8oz butter
  • 20oz caster sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 12oz plain flour
  • 4oz cocoa
Preheat oven to 180c and line a cake tin.  I used a heart shaped novelty tin which worked a treat!
Melt butter in large saucepan, take off heat.
Stir in sugar.
Add in eggs one at a time and stir in.
Sieve in flour and cocoa powder.
Stir well to incorporate.
Pour into cake tin and place in oven for 30-45 mins.
I left mine for 30 minutes as I love the consistency of a squidgy brownie.
Once cool sieve over a little icing sugar.
Serve with ice cream and for a little extra pizzazz some chocolate dipped strawberries.






Well it was a roaring success, absolutley gorgeous.  Have been instructed to make it again for ladies night which is happening in my house tomorrow night.  Its so great that when you share gorgeous cake with your friends and family its calorie free!! (I wish!)  Darling hubby cleared his plate but whether it matched up to Jamies or not I dont know, maybe he will comment here to let us know! :-) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment