Monday, March 7, 2011

Healthy (ish) Treat!

Like almost every woman i know i am rarely happy with my weight.  My thighs are always too squashy or my face too pudgy looking.  I am in process of losing baby weight and thankfully another 8lbs or so and i will regard myself as back to 'normal', whatever normal is! It is a constant struggle for me though but since having a baby daughter my views have changed regarding food as i know this little woman is going to be watching and copying everything i do and i want to set a good example.  It would have never been a problem for me to indulge in several buns or three slices of lovely calorie laden cake but now i limit myself to one portion of whatever i bake.  I would be racked with guilt before but now i know i can enjoy a slice and really savour it.  I just hope i can continue this way of thinking.....

I came across this recipe in the April edition of Easy Food magazine and i decided to try it, if you dont like bananas stop reading now as the flavour is very much dominated by them!

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

3 bananas mashed
120gr porridge oats
90gr raisins
75gr butter, melted
70ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 180c.  Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes till oats plump up.  Spoon onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins.  Put on wire rack to cool.  Enjoy with lovely fresh coffee! Yummy banana goodness and ignoring the butter almost guilt free!




No comments:

Post a Comment